(HTC Madiun) Bellman Practice – Escorting guest to the room
Directing Guest to Room Standard Procedure:
1. Present yourself to the guest with a genuine smile.
2. Always offer the guest to carry his/her bags.
3. Always try to walk to the right of the Guest while directing to their room.
4. Walk a short step ahead of the Guest maintaining a distance of 2 feet from him/her.
5. Smile warmly and maintain eye contact when conversing with the Guest.
6.On the way, briefly explain the hotel features and facilities which the guest needs to know (e.g. breakfast room, restaurant timings, pool area, spa access, complimentary hi-tea, city drop, boat ride etc.).
7. Walk professionally without making any noise.
8. Assist the guest to call the lift by pressing the button to get the lift for the guest.
9. When the lift door opens gesture with your open palm gesture.
10. Explain how to use the room key to activate the elevator if appropriate.
11. Once the lift arrives on the floor, gesture the Guest out first and then direct the Guest towards their room as above.
12. Once you reach the room, open the door for the Guest.
13. Demonstrate how to use the room key.
14. Open the door and gesture the Guest to the room.
15. Ask the Guest permission to enter the room and ask if they wish to have an explanation of the room.
16. If the answer is yes, show the room and explain e.g. TV use, mini bar, air-conditioning, lightning etc.
17. Offer further assistance.
18. Wish the guest a pleasant stay.
19. Leave the room and close the room door behind slowly.
Dream and Make It Happen!✨
⛴️ HTC Madiun Sekolah Perhotelan dan Kapal Pesiar
⚓ Jl. Serayu No. 159, Madiun
☎️ 0811 399 2222